• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M113 Chrysler Gasoline Engine 8763101 used in any other vehicles?

CombatJack

The Gasoline engine used in the early M113, PN 8763101..... was that used in any other applications?? I found one buried in the back of the shop, and wondering what all it goes to besides the early M113. Thanks!

M113 quarter.jpgM113 side.jpg

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not much else. Wehring has a XM474 carrier with that engine, and I have the remnants of a A/S32H-12 aircraft loader that had that engine as well. The engine was called 75M.

BravoMike

I have one of these engines sitting in the original shippingcontainer. Engine has been rebuildt by Danish Army and not used since.
Question : can I find a automatictransmission and converter + starter that will fit this engine so I can use it in a car or small truck ect?

Thank You

Bjarne

www.bakercompany.dk

dmetalmiki

'Whack' it into a WW11 Jeep if you have one. It is amazing what (Tank) Engines end up in them.
We 'popped' this unit into one of ours...
No trouble at all going up hill...s

Attachments

Last edited:

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have one of these engines sitting in the original shippingcontainer. Engine has been rebuildt by Danish Army and not used since.
Question : can I find a automatic transmission and converter + starter that will fit this engine so I can use it in a car or small truck ect?<cut>
Not sure what auto trans is needed or where you might locate one however a New Process Gear 540, 541, 542 manual (5 speed) would be an option with the correct flywheel (not same as auto flywheel). 2 types of manual trans flywheels were used in the V100. Each must match the crankshaft output flange. They are not interchangeable.

The commercial Dodge truck NPG 5xx series transmission might be another option. The spare I have has a small input spline and a long input shaft (for a crankshaft pilot bushing). The V100 is different. It has a large ball bearing pilot located in flywheel, a shorter input shaft (because shaft does not need to reach the crank, and a larger input shaft spline). The old Chrysler 354 big block flywheel has the correct M113 bolt pattern and 13" clutch. It and could be used with the associated commercial trans or perhaps adapted for a V100 trans (an insert would need to be fabricated for the ball bearing because the 354 flywheel has a really big hole in center of the flywheel). It used the long input shaft (for a pilot bushing in end of crankshaft). A small spline 13" clutch would need to be used w/ the commercial trans.

There may be other variations and options.

flywheel pictures in link below (I have all 3 flywheels).

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...13-engine-in-Denmark&highlight=m75+crankshaft

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks