• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M116 TM or Transmission ID

tktsales

Does anyone have or know where I can get a copy of TM 9-2320-223-25P for the M116. What I really need to know is what exact model transmission is used in this carrier. I was able to find a vague listing that says GM 4 speed transmission. The transmission should have been built by the Allison Division of GM but I need to know the exact model number or designation. I would love to have the TM as well if anyone has a copy. Thanks Ted

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It takes the 301MG or 303M, I forget which. Same as 114 carrier. Do you need one?

tktsales

I have found a copy of the 301MG TM 9-8025-2 which provided me with enough to know it is not what I am after. DLA FLIS info must be wrong on this. I have a Bevel gear 8351328 which FLIS shows end item M116. This gear has got to be a cross drive configuration.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 116 and 114 have a cross drive transmission which is separate from the GM 4 speed mounted to the 283.

tktsales

Ok would that be the steering differential? Possibly the GS100 unit PN 8351357. We might be getting somewhere. I have searched and search for info on this unit without any luck. a TM On this unit would be great..

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok would that be the steering differential? Possibly the GS100 unit PN 8351357. We might be getting somewhere. I have searched and search for info on this unit without any luck. a TM On this unit would be great..
Yes that is the correct p/n for the 114/117 unit. If you have parts for the inside of this, those are pretty much a dead item.

tktsales

Yes they are old and very limited numbers left in any kind of use but I don't throw anything away and I like to be able to know what I have and identify with the proper numbers. I greatly appreciate your assistance in figuring out this application.. Best Regards Ted