• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M116A3 Wheel Seal Part replacement

moehos

Hi all,

I've had this old trailer for a number of years now and I have strong suspicions that I'm the first owner to do maintenance of any kind since it got surplused out.

I want to grease the wheel bearings, among many other little things but the TM indicates you are supposed to replace the grease seals during this job.

Can anyone point me towards a napa or oreillys friendly part number for the wheel seals?

The TM states the army part number is 12313027, I did find equipmentpartssalespa.net when searching this part number, I'd still prefer to buy new if possible, but if not, what's other folks experience with this outfit?

TIA

Attachments

Guyfang

Staff member
OK, You got the right part number, but when a part number has a cage code of 19207, that means its a TACOM made up part number. I looked up the NSN and found that there are several alt. part numbers you can try.

NSN: 5330-01-240-8231
PN: 12313027
PN: 472920
PN: AD3135-E1
PN: AD3515-E1

Tech data:
ACCOMMODATED SHAFT DIAMETER2 1/4 INCHES NOMINAL
SEAL WIDTH0 9/25 INCHES MINIMUM AND 39/100 INCHES MAXIMUM
CASE STYLESQUARE
SEALING ELEMENT STYLEANGULAR
MATERIALRUBBER SYNTHETIC SEALING ELEMENT

moehos

OK, You got the right part number, but when a part number has a cage code of 19207, that means its a TACOM made up part number. I looked up the NSN and found that there are several alt. part numbers you can try.

NSN: 5330-01-240-8231
PN: 12313027
PN: 472920
PN: AD3135-E1
PN: AD3515-E1

Tech data:
ACCOMMODATED SHAFT DIAMETER2 1/4 INCHES NOMINAL
SEAL WIDTH0 9/25 INCHES MINIMUM AND 39/100 INCHES MAXIMUM
CASE STYLESQUARE
SEALING ELEMENT STYLEANGULAR
MATERIALRUBBER SYNTHETIC SEALING ELEMENT
Wow! Thank you

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks