• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M126 Brakes???

Craig A Tull

I am looking at some trailers (on line) that have M126 chassis under them, I was assuming by their apparent age that they would be air/hydraulic then I noticed the chassis had delivery dates it the high 2000s
I can not see any air chambers in the pictures and they look like air/hydraulic but there are not any definitive pictures, question these are marked M126, no A1 etc, would these have straight air brakes, and if so will all I need is the same bolts I use to un-cage civilian brakes??
Thanks
Craig

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As far as I know, 126s had air brakes, as well as 126A3s... A1s and A2s have hydraulic brakes. I think there are just 128A3s and 129A3s, i don't believe there are any 127A3s.

Craig A Tull

Well it looks like I got one :) I can't remember ever caging a trailer with dual axles, do I need 2 or 4 cage bolts, I seem to remember only one axle having the park/emergency chambers. 15K and no brakes on a S1800 Int, should be fun, I should only have 3-4 stops to make in 125 miles

Craig A Tull

Well I went to SA today to pick up my M129A4 with its delivered in 2009 chassis, totally prepared with my air brake cage bolts and to my amazement it had hydraulic brakes, made that simple enough as of course they had bled off long ago and I was in and out of there in a flash, this is fine with me as the truck I have now does not have air but is set up for vac/hyd brakes

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks