• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M135 axle questions

citizensoldier

Ok guys I am new to the GMC M211/135 trucks but learning fast..
Questions:
#1 Are they both the same axles just with the hub flipped or the same with differnent offset rims? Or does one have a longer axle tube?
#2 Anyone have a blow up of how the front hub comes apart?
#3 Are these grease bearings or wet axles?
#4 Who has the best prices and parts supply?
#5 Its a two piece drum right?
#6 I see it has two wheel cylinders on each, Whats up with that?
:D :D :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :? :? :?

APM215

#1 Flipped hubs and the axles ARE the same. The brake drum will need a different spacing plate.
#2 Check TM9-8024 TO 36A12-1B-321. page 481 figure 270 and 271.
#3 Grease in the front wet in the rear. (after typing that it sounds so dirty).
#4 The brake drum will need a different spacing plate but you can use the old drum.
#6 works great you can lock the wheels even with the heaviest load.
I just flipped my hubs last year, it is not that complacdid. Just make sure you have the right spacing plate for the brake drum.

my 53 gmc had wet bearings on the back when I got it when I replaced the bearings I put it back together with the iner seal to make them dry . boyce equipment was the only place that had wear ring or sleave that fits on the axle (801) 393-0007 antelope valley (661)945-6788 has wheel cylinders in 2002 they where $ 26.00 each . only 12 per truck (ouch) they where made in Taiwan I have had no problems with the ones on my truck .kenny

citizensoldier

Thanks for all the info guys.. I picked up a M135 last week and the front passenger hub was locked up. It sat down in the mud for who know how many years. I took it apart yesterday and all that was wrong was rusted brake pads to the drum. No water made it in the bearings so I was happy about that. This thing still has the original brake pads and everything... Its all still primed from the assembly line and I cant see where it was ever taken apart. A couple things I dont like are the cone washers around the studs. PAIN in the butt! Also why would GM make a brake line that the only way you can replace it is pulling the hub?
The "Green Pig" now rolls free after many years of just sitting.
I have a complete running drive line for it that will go in soon and it will move under its own power for the first time in many, many years..
Anybody have a hard top for one of these they would sell?

citizensoldier

Yep you Canadians put hard tops on everything.. Smart move! Where in Ontario are you? I used to deer hunt in Souixe Narrows and did some fishing up North of Wa Wa too. With the snow I get here I try to put hard tops on everything so I dont have to mess with broken bows, ripped canvas, and rotted out cabs..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks