• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M135 glass pattern

DUUANE

Hi everyone. I have an M135 coming to the yard this week..i was wondering if anyone had dimensions or even better patterns for the glass..the truck its self is in ok shape..engine has stuck from sitting but it appears it would be from humidity not water intrusion..im planning to pull it and replace with a nice 350/vortec head/ allison MT653 combo. And give the 302 to my brother for his 69 K20 to replace the stock 250.
Unfortunately the hooligans have had a few rounds at the the glass , hood and roof. The tin should be no problem..but id like to put modern glass in.
Does anyone know where to start?

Thanks in advance.

Corey

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If i'm not mistaken, the windshields are the same dims as M35 series. If so, I have new M35 windshield glass (PM if interested). The door glass is also flat so it should be easy to make from a pattern. If the windshield isn't the same as M35, I can either cut them for you or a local glass shop should be able to do this also.

Last edited:

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
If i'm not mistaken, the windshields are the same dims as M35 series. If so, I have new M35 windshield glass (PM if interested). The door glass is also flat so it should be easy to make from a pattern. If the windshield isn't the same as M35, I can either cut them for you or a local glass shop should be able to do this also.
The glass isn't the same as on an m35, the windshields are wider.

DUUANE

I was hoping to take a pattern to the local glass guys..there isnt a lot of custom cutting that happens up here in that industry these days. The kids they hire dont have the experience and i want to do my own install so id like to have them right the first time. (You break you buy lol..) international shipping glass products might be a recipe for frustration or id just have you cut me some.

Thanks for the replies guys i appreciate your input.

DUUANE

You bet..as soon as it lands in my yard ill post it up. Might be this week..contingent on the work schedule this weekend. Today is day 16 of my work week 8-Z.. i am fighting with the port side rudder bolts on this tugboat..dry torqued to 15,000 lbs/ft on the nuts and the fitted bolts are needing a 50 ton push to come out..the rudders weight 12 tons..got the starboard one off and down on the deck last night but this one is fighting me..

DUUANE

There are always challenges..im spoiled at the shipyard..they have almost unlimited tools and if i need bodies to run chainfalls etc they're there..in my yard i work solo for the most part. Being in two places at once to be my own third hand can be frustraing.
Time and weather are gonna bite me rain snow and dark of night are coming fast here. Staying ahead of mother nature will be a puzzle for sure. I'm excited to land the 135..it was the first MV i had a warm spot for as a kid.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks