• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M135 transmision maybe destroyed from towing-First post

Jeremiahwestendorf

How about an Allison 545?
If you could make it work. If I do anything with this truck, I'll probably yank the motor and transmission and throw in a 350/th350/205 that I have laying around, and mate to to the original transfer case. I'd love to keep the 302, but I can't see how to make it work with the starter. Also I seen where somebody did a chevy hydraulic brake booster setup and bypassed the original master cylinder and air pac, I'll have to look into all this a little more before I decide which way I go

rustystud

The guy I got it from was showing me what to do to tow it and he shoved the transfer case lever down and said that it's in neutral now, and that you can tow it like that. The front tires were spinning, but I don't think the motor was spinning when the driver pulled out, when we got it home, I pushed the lever down a couple more inches and possibly disengaging it completely. The transmission could have been destroyed before I even got the truck, the previous owner lied about a lot of things. I gave him scrap price for the truck and he paid for the tow, he was unloading it.
Well if all you paid was scrap price then your lucky you got anything at all. Think of it as a positive. You have the basic truck, now you can make it work the way you want. If you had a running engine and transmission (even if running poorly) then you would have been tied to that. Now you can put whatever you want in there.

Jeremiahwestendorf

Well if all you paid was scrap price then your lucky you got anything at all. Think of it as a positive. You have the basic truck, now you can make it work the way you want. If you had a running engine and transmission (even if running poorly) then you would have been tied to that. Now you can put whatever you want in there.
I'm happy with my purchase even if I park it out front and attach my mailbox to it. :lol: I came into it figuring the transmission was probably toast, I was hoping to at least move it around under its own power though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks