• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M135 Transmission

Boatcarpenter

My friend Jim was driving his M135 with REB kit today and had been about 20-25 miles already when it suddenly decided not to go into 3rd or 4th so he went the rest of the way home in 2nd. Seemingly had been working well, had just pulled a fairly long hill in 3rd at about 30-35 MPH, stopped at an intersection, took a left onto a flat road and would then not go into 3rd. He said it came out of 2nd, but had no power, barely kept him moving. He does still have 10wgt. oil in it. Should he drain and go with the Dexron for starters? Check pick up screen? Personally I don't know about these trannies so any input is nice. Thanks Guys :D
BC

Attachments

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Boy, that sounds sort of familiar. My father's M211 is suffering from a similar problem. It likes to shift into second, but not into 3rd or 4th. He's cleaned the valve body, but we haven't got to the bottom of it yet... :(

I'll post if/when we figure it out.

acetomatoco

Does the malady exist in both high and low range? I would stick with the Non Detergent OE30...Sounds like a sticky valve or misadjustment of the Reb Kit.... Don't forget to check the external band adjustment... And lastly, of course, a lack of power is somtimes attributed to the Ebrake being on or the Mico Brake being accidently accuated.. ACE

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My fathers truck is running oil. It behaved the same way after cleaning it. He's going to drop the pan next and check the pickup and pumps. It doesn't have the REB kit. I would think fluid restriction from either mis-adjustment as ACE pointed out, or from the pump or loose clearances, but again, we haven't found our gremlin yet either...