• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m151 vehicle identification

timeout

need help on identifying year of my mutt - the only id numbers are on the frame plate which lists the serial number as dlc953j-8759. if nobody can help ive seen where the m151 guru might help but nobody lists any way to contact him. thanx dan

elsasser7122

Probably would help if we knew more about what type of M151 it is, as is it a M151, M151A1 or an M151A2. I don't know much about the M151A2 numbers, but the numbers you give don't match anything on a M151 or M151A1. Is there a dash data plate? Is there a tag on the left hand frame rail by the radiator? Is there a foil tag on the right hand frame rail by the radiator? Is there a tag on the cowl about in the middle under the hood? With those numbers from those tags Ken the Muttguru will be able to help you, don't know if he is on here or not but you can find him on the g853 or the g503

Nowhereman

If I can remember correctly (and its been a while since my army days), the m151A1 its gonna have a straight fender with the turn signal mounted on top, the turn signal will be small , If its an m151A2 the fender will have an indention at the end for the turn signal to mount to, the turn signal will be large, the same type that are on the deuces.

timeout

guys thanx for the replies it is definitely not an a2 the only data plates on the vehicle are a frame plate which is on the right side near the radiator which says " Fruehauf body serial number dlc953j-8759 ordnance assembly 8754459 ". this vehicle has a large full faced driving lite (not blackout) with a single stem mounted to the top of the right fender (no guard). in comparison I also have a confirmed 1964 model m151 which also has the Fruehauf data plate which has "Fruehauf body serial number dld9533-0008 ordnance assembly 8754459" which has the standard 3 point blackout lite with guard mounted on the left fender. im thinking both these are the plain early m151's and the body serial numbers for my unidentified vehicle was an earlier production than the 1964 . thanx for your help dan

elsasser7122

guys thanx for the replies it is definitely not an a2 the only data plates on the vehicle are a frame plate which is on the right side near the radiator which says " Fruehauf body serial number dlc953j-8759 ordnance assembly 8754459 ". this vehicle has a large full faced driving lite (not blackout) with a single stem mounted to the top of the right fender (no guard). in comparison I also have a confirmed 1964 model m151 which also has the Fruehauf data plate which has "Fruehauf body serial number dld9533-0008 ordnance assembly 8754459" which has the standard 3 point blackout lite with guard mounted on the left fender. im thinking both these are the plain early m151's and the body serial numbers for my unidentified vehicle was an earlier production than the 1964 . thanx for your help dan
If it has the Fruehauf plate on the right hand side it is more then likely an a1. Best bet to find out more closely would be to contact Ken, goes by Muttgutu on the G838 site as he has a data base with body numbers that can give you a real good idea as to month and year. Most all m151's had the tag on the left hand rail. Never seen any m151 or a1 with light on right hand fender, other then the a1 had a turn signal there, unless it was something the unit it was assigned to did. Get you numbers to the Muttguru and he can get you real close on the date of mfg. Don't know if he is on this site or not but he is on both the g838 and the g503

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks