• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M151A1 updated pics

benni72

Hey SS,
i know a few members were interested in seeing my m151a1 so here it is. its just about 99% done with just a few odds and ends remaining. i had a problem with the canvas supplier so ended up canceling order and had to reorder from another company after waiting a year and a half, what a PITA. hope you guys enjoy the pics and as always thanks for the motivational compliments and support when you just seem to lose focus.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Holy moly!!! That is awesome, better than new.

Alright man, now we gotta see that Deuce!!!

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: jeep

That's a very pretty jeep! I see the radio antenna, but no radio. What radio are you planning on installing in her?

halftrack

Excellent Job! Did you have to replace any sheet metal on the body. The rocker panels look to straight to be originals but I could be wrong. Do tell.

benni72

to answer your question halftrack yes. every single panel was replaced including all fenders front and rear, side rails, floors, dividers, rear panel, rear floor, and not mention the hood. brand new motor, transmission, and the most hard to find item the wire harness. new under body repair kit, complete brake system, and tires. it really should have been sent to scrap but my father showed interest in it and i restored for him. i even used his national gaurd numbers for the bumpers, or at least what he could remember of them.
lots and lots of work went into this mutt. the worst part was not to mention that it fought me tooth and nail the whole way through for 2 years that when it was parked at my whare house one of the guys blasted the back right corner with a pay loader. it was just completed about 2 days prior to the accident. completely folded it up beyond my wildess imagination. being as pissed as i was i really kind of just through it back together instead of taking my time to fix it right so the back corner is kind of shady. the rear panel is still slighly folded behind the spare and in front of the antena bracket you can see bumps in the metal from my hammer abilitys.

benni72

when i did this resto TNJ didn't have body panels so they came from jeep panels plus. don't get me wrong with jeep panels they are a great company but their panels are a long shot of being correct or even close to fitting. took lots of bending, hammering, and cutting to get them to work. most came through warpped in some way or folded way to far off to work correctly. most of the bends don't match what was original on the m151 as well as the stampings jeep panels put into their panels. some stampings weren't even in the correct locations and took lots of time to fix. i will for warn you if your gonna replace the rear panel with what they supply because it will take every bit of body work skill you have as well as skill your buddy has. it doesn't even come close to fitting correctly on its best day. but do make a mental note here i bought this panel when it was 1st introduced, was in a experimental phase, so maybe they're better now. if i had a choice i would grab the ones john murray has, i've seen them 1st hand and look way better as far as fit, finsh, and matching bends. down fall with them is that their mucho $. again please don't take this as trashing jeep panels- they were fantastic in supplying, prompt delivery, helpful info, and $. i look at it this way what they supplied me was a good start and it beated me making all these panels from scratch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks