• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M151A1C arrived today!

Austringer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
SHe arrived today: She needs a little body work on the front channel, is there anyone that can be recommended in the Southeast that is good with them?

gunboy1656

Have a bit of work cut out for you, but not too bad. That is a different barrel lock then I am used to seeing.

Are you going to leave it with the Greek camo? That would be a different look.

Austringer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, I know, I'm used to mule ones and M38A1Cs. This one is a bit different as you mentioned and I've had another travel lock for hte m151 that was the same.

She's going to be a fun project.

Austringer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
She's a 1965 and will be restored as an 82nd gun mutt, aka, not going to leave the greek army camo. my friend was in the 82nd from 64-69 and got to see plenty of these in action.

Whiterabbit

Nice 151!
Any GOOD metal guy should be able to bend up some repair/replacement pieces for those rails. Simple bends but the trick is to stabilize the body before cutting out the bad crap and welding in the replacements. The body will sag slightly and if you don't catch it your body will be out of spec.
Oh, I'm an old Army welder/fabricator and to me that would be a easy repair.

Austringer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jinxkat,
Want a challenge, well not really a challenge based on your post above. ;-) Seriously, if you think you can handle this and a few other M151 issues, I'll bring it down to your place in the next few weeks. I've got an underbody rust kit (full kit) and if you can use those to replace the metal and make it look factory or almost, I'd be interested. you up for the challenge?

Jason

Whiterabbit

With my crazy schedule you'd never get it back. I've got so many irons in the fire right now it's crazy. Retiring from the military, out of state family issues, traveling for job interviews, etc,etc,..
My poor M151A2 is languishing for over a year waiting for me to get time to weld in some patches.

Austringer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you know any good metal guys that could put it back to looking factory. I had a guy do some work for me and was not very happy with the results, it looked good but was not factory.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks