• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M151A2 Parts Hunt

1943ht

To All Concerned (ALCON)Having moved all my goodies to Prescott AZ, I am finally getting the opportunity to work on some long overdue projects that have been on ice since 2013. One of those projects is my M151A2 that needs a few items so that I can get her up and running. Here's what I'm looking for.... used items preferred but NOS acceptible if that's all that's out there:1. The two little brackets for the rear passenger seat that bolt into the side of the body and hold the pins of the rear seat up.2. A tool box cover.3. A radiator shroud.4. The handle that mounts on the dashboard on the passenger side to assist the passenger in climbing in and out of the vehicle..5. The short little connecting rod that connects the throttle from the carb linkage to the bellcrank on the manifold. ..6. The little metal mount that fits under the carb that the throttle spring attaches too from the carb.
7. And last but not least, looking for the spare tire mount model (M715 Style???) that mount on the passenger side of the 151.And what do you recommend regards a good rebuild kit for my Zenith Carb that will have the components to stand up to the sh!ty ethanol fuel and also a kit for the fuel pump (if there is such a thing) that will also do the same?Thank you for any leads.Mark

dougimes

I just installed an aftermarket 12v fuel pump (taps off the + term of the 1st battery, connected thru a oil pressure switch) . the pump is 4psi to 6psi. seems to work fine.

35 bucks , off ebay,

Blueknight529

I highly recommend Brooks Engine Service carbs, I bought one with mine as a core, cost me $290.00. Installed it, adjusted the mixture a little, advanced the timing a little, and this thing runs great down the highway. No more, "choke out, highway mode", and no flat spot on acceleration.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks