• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m151a2

nw42

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Impossible to tell without more details.. How is the unibody under the floors? Are the rails and crossmembers rotted? Post some pics and you may get a semi accurate answer.

77x58mm

going to pick them up this weekend and a2 and a m151 runing driving titled ill get picks this weekend!! the titled one is 1966.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A truck without a title is going to be a headache. You will most likely get a title for it, but it always concerns me why the truck does not have a title. I have had trailers without titles. Personally, I am not concerned because I'll just scrap the SOBs before I let them worry me (not to hide anything...just because I am not going to stress over something that I have less than a grand in). However, a truck is another story. Look into that first. Getting a truck titled is not what it used to be thanks to the explosion in the hobby and, IMHO, the guys who buy GL trucks who don't want to bother getting titles...just blowing them out...but that is a topic for another thread. My $.02.

salt6

A2's where supose to be demilled. The demill got worse as time went on. You'll want to know the history of the A2 to determine if / how much you want to invest in it.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe the OP said the truck was uncut, but I would still look carefully for any cuts. One place to check is inside the battery box as sometimes the horizontal cut would be through this location. Make SURE it is uncut. A friend bought an M151A2 that was supposed to be uncut...he found out before he bought that it was cut and still bought it, but that factored into the price.

moose53

Don't get too hung up on a title and miss a good deal. M151's are old enough now that most states won't title them anymore. If it has a transferable registration (which is all you can get in NY for example) you should have no problem transferring ownership and getting plates. It CAN be a real headache if it has never been registered anywhere, no SF-97 form or other paperwork since the title companies appear to have been blocked in a lot of states now. As long as it is registered with a transferable registration though I wouldn't worry.

Jim

vtdeucedriver

I believe the OP said the truck was uncut, but I would still look carefully for any cuts. One place to check is inside the battery box as sometimes the horizontal cut would be through this location. Make SURE it is uncut. A friend bought an M151A2 that was supposed to be uncut...he found out before he bought that it was cut and still bought it, but that factored into the price.

Did your friend buy one in OHIO???? I got poked hard and I only found out later when it was already loaded and headed back to TN. Was told it was un cut. Frame rails were one piece and no X cut. Knew it needed body work but hey it was UNCUT. After the first fuel stop (6 hr trip one way on a 1 day U-haul Trailer rental) I looked at it more and more as we went and I got the sick feeling in my gut as I added up what I was looking at when I finally traced the cut as it were horizontal. Never heard of that one!!! I like the fact that its NOT SHORTER to where it needs the drive shaft cut for the missing material or the hasty welds of a X cut but in short, it was to late to negotiate the price.
I originally figured that the guys might not have known but after coming to my senses and that his family scrapped hundereds of 151's and he still has a ton of parts and a couple of nice A2's in his garage, his dishonesty was it for me and his eventual decline in his Ebay feedback with others, was just more proof.

Other than a cheap $100.00 call girl in a $1,000.00 dollar gown, Ive had fun with it.

Attachments

hillbilly21

151s

I HAVE SEN THESE TWO 151s AND I CAN ATTEST THAT THEY ARE BOTH UN-CUT.

VERY SURPRISED HOW THE ONE RUNS AFTER SITTING FOR AS LONG AS THEY HAVE. I ALSO BELIEVE IT WONT TAKE MUCH TO GET THE A2 RUNNING AS THE ENGINE DID TURN OVER AND HAVE ALOT OF COMPRESSION , JUST SORRY THAT I DIDNT GET ON THE BAND WAGON AND GRAB THEM BOTH.. MY HATS OFF TO THE LUCKY BUYER BUT THATS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU WAIT A DAY TO THINK IT OVER :wink::wink:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks