• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M170 Ambulance equipment, what's needed?

muddog

I picked up a M170 recently with the stretcher racks top and bottom, ordered the plasma clamps that go on the top rail, but I'm not sure what equipment I need to complete it. Do have the passenger seat and spare tire mount. Also have the passenger door, but not the drivers door. Do have that door coming soon. Have search internet to no prevail. Also looking to find out what the medics would have carried with them when they were traveling with patient in the back. I will be using this jeep for displays with our military club and want to be as correct as possible. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Harold.
IMG_20140818_154841.jpgIMG_20140710_180725.jpgIMG_20140710_180735.jpgIMG_20140710_180755.jpgIMG_20140710_180820.jpgIMG_20140901_181009.jpg

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Call David Pizzoferrato of Weebee Webbing (ODCloth.com). He properly restored one of these which is proudly displayed at the Ft Sam Houston Medical Museum in San Antonio, TX.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great looking rig, lucky that you got all the hard to find equipment.

Not that it's detailed, but looks like you're at the point of just finding medical bags and a box or two. MASH might be a good resource as would any Vietnam equipment guide. I have one book that covers up to 1967, it's called "American Web Equipment 1910-1967" by Martin J. Brayley. from a series "Europa Militaria No33". ISBN: 978-1-86126-832-7. It shows some nice comparison pictures of equipment and decent photos. Probably better stuff out there, but if you need a quick start, it may be a good point.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks