• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M170 USMC Radio Jeep

metexaco

I recently bought a USMC M170 Radio Jeep
This Jeep was originally equiped with an AN/MRC-87 Radio Set. I was wondering if anyone knows of any literature on these Jeeps and or photos of the M170 Radio Jeeps. I think this Jeep would be really awesome to restore back as a Radio Jeep. There had to have been some sort of Field Manual on these Jeeps and the radios equiped in them. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
John

Attachments

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Dial up Dave at WeeBee Webbing - he built an award-winning M170 ambulance jeep a few years ago, and is now working a radio jeep. Given the level he took the ambulance to, I am sure he has a LOT of info on the radio version as well.

HTH,
David

mutt1966

That was for sale a few years back at the Red Ball meet in PA If I remember it was bought by someone from NJ nice to see someone has started a restoration on it.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I knew I had this somewhere....

If you go this route and you move the spare and are looking for quality long term(as in permanent) storage for your spare setup...... I could help with that.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks