• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M2 High-Speed Tractor "Cletrac" Tracks

Ol-Paint

Not armored, but this is the closest to an appropriate forum, I think.

Does anyone know who made the last few production runs of halftrack tracks? I have a couple of M2 HSTs (Cletrac MG-1) and the tracks are similar in construction to the halftrack tracks--although they are not interchangable.

There's been an on-again/off-again discussion going on the Cletrac website (http://cletrac.org/newbb/viewtopic.php?t=2124&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0) bandying about thoughts on replacement tracks. I've got at least one excellent set of tracks on one of my M2s that I'm trying to get back into running condition, so I'm not in dire straits, yet, but I know that there are quite a few guys out there with these machines tucked away for lack of tracks. If we can get the price down to a reasonable level, I'd certainly be interested in buying a set--but we need to figure out who can make them, first. The thought has occurred that the same outfit that makes the halftrack tracks might be able to assist in making repro tracks for the M2 HST.

Although I haven't checked with BF Goodrich, myself, one of the other participants in the discussion says that he contacted them and they do not have any information on what happened to the original tooling, so that's an apparent dead-end.

With a more limited production run than the halftracks, along with a shorter service life, a recent production run of these tracks is rather unlikely, but we are slowly investigating what it would take.

I'd appreciate any information you guys might be able to provide on the manufacturer of the halftrack tracks so we can check that route out.

Douglas

woodwalker

hello Sorry to say but Israel was the last producers and I believe have dumped there entire stock as they are finally phasing out there halftracks
I don't believ they ever aquireed the tooling for the cleattrack.
I would contact the manufatures of tracks for tractors and skid steer
they might be your best bet but an order would have to huge.
Logan

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks