• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M200A1 VS M101 as wood hauler with Power Wagon

blue_mongoose

I have a 1953 Dodge Power Wagon, I would like to pair it with a heavy duty trailer with high clearance for hauling wood.

I am simply looking for opinions. Do you think I would be better served by a M101/M105? or use a M200A1 to build up a hauler?

We have a cabin in Northern WI, It would be used to pull firewood out of our 40, or using it at home for various tasks.

Very little to no road usage.. unless its a logging road.

Thanks
Tim

AaronW

I vote for the 101 w/side racks. The 200 with duals/fenders would make an awkward platform. Granted you could pile a couple trees on the 200. Also, the 101 would be a better fit for the '53. 101A2 with surge brakes!

p.s. My Dad's family is from Kimberly/L.C.

Last edited:

MDSA

I have all 3 trailers and vote for the 101. My son pulls the 101 with his Ranger when we go cutting together. I use the Deuce of course and pull a modified M353 with wooden sides. The 101 weighs about half what the 200 or 105 weigh. A 105 would give you a bit more capacity. Another advantage of the 101 is you can unhook it MUCH easier than a 200 or 105 when it is empty.

2cents

taildragger03

You are looking for me! I did swap out the axle since I had the five lug and went to eight lug wheels. The trailers springs are flat each time I load the trailer. Just keep in mind about controlling the trailer with the power wagon. The link above will take you there!

Mark2X2

I have a 1953 Dodge Power Wagon, I would like to pair it with a heavy duty trailer with high clearance for hauling wood.

I am simply looking for opinions. Do you think I would be better served by a M101/M105? or use a M200A1 to build up a hauler?

We have a cabin in Northern WI, It would be used to pull firewood out of our 40, or using it at home for various tasks.

Very little to no road usage.. unless its a logging road.

Thanks
Tim
Tim,
What part of Northern WI is your cabin? I live north of Washburn. I log and haul fire wood with my M101 behind my 1500 Silverado. You can get a decent amount of wood in a M101, I load it to with in 1" from the springs laying flat on the axle when traveling smooth roads. Really like the M101 use it as my utility trailer. If your hauling wood off your own land behind the PW it would be a very good rig.
Also use the M35 depending on distance, or what I need for tools & equipment out of my pick up.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm picking up my 101 tomorrow to tow behing my 2010 Power Wagon! Prior to this one I don't even have yet, I've only used them towed behind HMMWVs, but my experience with M101's is that you can load them up, and you'll dam near max out the volume before you max the weight.

I'll trade you my M101 for your '53 Power Wagon :mrgreen:.

Last edited:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M200 is a heavy trailer. The M37 can pull it empty, but loaded - WHEW! It has a load capacity of somewhere around 2-1/2 tons, I think that even if your power wagon can pull it, it would not stop safely.

Mark2X2

I'm picking up my 101 tomorrow to tow behing my 2010 Power Wagon! Prior to this one I don't even have yet, I've only used them towed behind HMMWVs, but my experience with M101's is that you can load them up, and you'll dam near max out the volume before you max the weight.

Sigo,
Green oak fire wood 20" first two row pilled just above the steel.
Second two rows pilled to the top of the side racks. Last pile half way up the side rack. That works out too the springs being 1" from being flattned out to top of the axle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks