• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M211 accident photo from Japan February 1955

GoldComet6

Hey Guys,

Here is a photo of what appears to be an M211 after hitting a power pole. It was taken in Japan on February 11, 1955.

My dad was in the USAF from 1952-56 and was stationed in Japan before he was discharged. He was in the motor pool and someone gave him about 30 accident photos that involved U.S. MVs. He gave them to me years ago and I thought I'd share if there is any interest in them. Some have U.S. MVs only, others are MV and Japanese vehicles, and some are MVs and power poles (like this one) or houses. Most of them are wrecked Jeeps, but there are others of M-37s, tractors, staff cars, buses etc. Maybe I can post a few more in those forums, or scan all of them to a third party photo website. Any suggestions?

Just thought yall might enjoy a photo of the G-749 truck in service. Enjoy!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks