• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M211 Carb float setting

M2116x6

What is the carb float setting on the Holley 885FFG carb used on the G749's? I can't find my carb manual at the moment.

Thanks,
Jim

stephenfeldmeier

No doubt you already have the information by now, but for those who don't the flat part on top of the floats floats should be 5/32" from the top of the bowl when the valve is closed.

Steve

M2116x6

As of last weekend I still had not found the float setting so I adjusted the float top parallel with the bowl top. Even the Holley manual for the 885 series just mentions to set the float using the gauge. The picture in the manual shows what looks like the typical cardboard gauge. There is no mention of what the measurement is. Apparently the older kits must have included the gauge. I've reassembled the carb and the truck seems to run great.

I've been under the gun to get the truck running right for two events I will be attending this weekend. The truck was suffering from water in the fuel tank which also messed up the carb. Drained and cleaned the tank, blew the line out and rebuilt the carb and she runs great.

After this weekend I will pull the carb top off and readjust the float to 5/32".

Thanks for the replies!
Jim

Barrman

stephenfeldmeier

Sorry guys I did not give a reference in which I should have, your right it's not going to give a true measurement in the {Disassembly and Assembly} section of the manual. As with MOST (and I use the word lightly) of the maintenance manuals all the true measurements are in the {Description and Data} sections. In this 885-ffg manual its on page 42 table 4 and will give the float setting in inches in the open setting as well as the close setting.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks