• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M211, M135 troop canvas and bows

jdmcm

Does anyone actually make repro canvas and bows for the M211 or M135, or do I have to have them made? I am new here, but I browsed this section and all i saw were people who had canvas made...my apologies if I missed something, it is probably an old question.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I am 75% sure M211 is the same as m35 (in terms of the bed, bows, canvas, etc.) and in that case, the usual canvas dealers like www.odcloth.com and eBay.

Last week I am pretty sure I saw an NOS bed canvas with NOS end curtains......(eBay)

papercu

Racks and bows

I have a set of used top bows and sde posts on ebay now. Wayne

Item numbers are 200081585389 and 200081636804

tkorade

The M135 bed is 8" narrower so if you make the side posts 4" taller you can use the stock M35 canvas. But double check I have seen a 135 with the wider bed.

dabtl

tkorade said:
The M135 bed is 8" narrower so if you make the side posts 4" taller you can use the stock M35 canvas. But double check I have seen a 135 with the wider bed.
My M135 has the narrow bed. If I make the posts 4" taller, what about the fit of the front and rear curtains? It would seem that they would be four inches higher, front and rear, and leave a gap? Or does the curtain merely get fitted four inches lower at the top, still shedding water?

Enquiring minds want to know.

jad

canvas

Join the local club .Western Command we meet 2nd wed of the month at the legion
address is on the club web site western command
Jeff from Maple Ridge

nattieleather

RE: canvas

I when I went to sell my M211 I took the bows troop seat canvas etc which I had gotten off an M35 and transfered them to my new M35. So yeah they are the same.

Its the cab top that is a different animal.

D5

RE: canvas

I have my 1952 M135 to the point that I need the dimensions for the wood portions for the bow assemblies. I need the profile of the vertical pieces (height, width, and thickness of both the vertical and horizontal pieces). Length deminsions should include wheather they are total length of the wood, or just what shows.

I have the metal bow corners and will get the wood cut to order. Does anyone know what the bow angle or radius of the curve?

Great forum - Thanks for your help...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks