• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M211 "The Cadillac of Deuces" story

M215

M211 artical

Steve Turchet's articals are the first I read when the mailman delivers my copy of MVM. I really enjoy his writing style and appreciate his mechanical knowledge. I have always thought the GMC M211 was a great vehicle, well engineered but under appreciated.

One detail I wanted to offer some input, is the picture of the M215 dump truck on page 50 and description. The artical mentions these trucks as not having spare tires, the spare is tucked behind the cab. The photo also does not show the pioneer rack, it is located on the cab sheild.

Not criticism, just my humble $.02
Karl

Attachments

jagjetta

Re: M211 artical

M215 said:
One detail I wanted to offer some input, is the picture of the M215 dump truck on page 50 and description. The artical mentions these trucks as not having spare tires, the spare is tucked behind the cab. The photo also does not show the pioneer rack, it is located on the cab sheild.

Not criticism, just my humble $.02
Karl
Karl,
Thanks so much for info. When Steve sent me the caption for that photo, I should have realized that the spare was carried in a manner similar to short wheelbase CCKWs. I wasn't thinking on that one.

More importantly, though, please accept a SPECIAL thanks for sharing pics of your tipper! WHAT a great truck!! Man, I hope I have the chance to take pictures of it some day.

Keep em rolling!
John A-G
Editor, MVM

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: M211 artical

OK, here's my question: Did the truck he talks about have a REB kit on it? I don't think he actually says it does, but he says the passenger told him to choose his own gears and not to let the transmission think for itself and that things went much smoother from that point, or something to that effect. Without an REB kit, you don't choose your gears on this transmission??? :?