• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M211 Vin Number

hk7777

Hello-

I just purchased a 1952 M211 or is it a xm211? This truck was stored indoors for 25 years after it left military life. That is what I am told any how. I was picking up some hay from a local when the front end popped out of a barn. Long story short, two weeks later we drove her 15 miles home. The rancher I purchased her from said make sure to keep the fuel tank at least 1/4 full. On the way home it we starved it out on a hill. Three gallons got us to the nearest gas station. When I went to start that great big 302 up it would not fire. "OH sh*!" I thought! Just then an old timer pulled up in his bright and shiny Dodge diesel. "hey buddy do you smell fuel?". I yelled back "little". "Hold the pedal all the way to the floor", he said while puffing away on a cigar. He was the right age for the Korean war! I turned it over twice and off she went. He puffed twice more on his cigar and nodded his head"nice truck" and he was away.

The body is in very good shape and so is the box. Tires are pretty rough and it is missing the winch. I have all of the tin for the cab but no canvas. I will be looking for canvas for the cab as well as the back. We hope to turn it into a troop carrier.

GOOD NEWS

I did get a parts truck with the deal that i will pick up just as soon as the snow burns off!
I will have to confirm this but the parts truck should have a good transmission, cab, fenders, doors, rear axle housings and some misc. So if anyone needs anything email me and I will let you know.

Great Site! I will come back and post pictures as we find parts. My girlfriend wants us to drive it to her little sisters wedding. Time will tell.

HK7777

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Beautiful truck! Gotta warn ya - they are cantankerous as all get out - start when they want, shift up and down when they want - but reliable as all get out - with some patience!!

badgmc56

Great find! Looks to be a solid truck. Not to worry about parts, many places to get them from. A few guys on this site have some stuff also. Do a search and start shopping! Welcome to the site.

pa.rich

P. M. me please, I need to know where you are located. I am looking for a Drivers sidef ender and a drivers seat cushion and back. And driving them takes some getting used to. The rpm level is what tells the tranny to upshift or down shift. But they are durable. Mine always starts in any weather. Carries a heavy load like nothing. :wink: I also am looking for the bows and canvas for mine. Show us a pic of the parts truck too. We love pictures. Also take the air cleaner apart and check for mice nests. They love to go into it.Check the bottom of the gas tank for sludge. Mine was shot. Replaced it. Looks like a great truck. Real straight. :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks