• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M215 For Sale ???

M215

No I'm not crazy, yet!

My much loved little GMC M215 may be going up for sale. So this is just testing the waters right now.

Need the money to complete the M2 Halftrack and to purchase another MV project. I've owned / restored this truck since 2001 and have enjoyed it much. Only other project / issue needing attention is the leaking rear main seal on the motor. I have replaced the rope seal once, the crank surface at the seal is pitted and would need to be turned (you can't use a speedy sleeve because of the flywheel flange. The motor runs to strong to justify a tear down and dropping the tranny just to stop some oil spots on the garage floor.
Those of you who know the truck are familiar with the work and $ that I have into this rare truck. Most likely this is the nicest M215 in the country. Only non-original mods are the Memphis REB shift kit on the Hydramatic tranny, turn signals using the black out light wiring and in-line cartridge fuel filter mounted on the fire wall. Everthing works like it should.

Need to know everyones feed back on this, if market prices are down then I'll sit on it for awhile.

Price will be $9900 +/- depending on how may spare parts are inclueded.

Thanks, Karl

Attachments

Lorax

Oh no! That is a beautiful truck Karl. I remember looking at it at the War Museum show last Sept.

Lets see some pictures of that halftrack...

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Price is a bargain, you just have to find the right buyer. You will regret selling the truck one day. I still have my second ever mv, a M135 I bought in 1982.

nattieleather

That's a hard question to answer. I agree that if you love the truck then you'll regret selling it. I sold my M151 that I had for 20+ years and have a little regret in selling it, but then again after 20 some years I was board with it and wanted a new toy. So if you've gotten board with this one and want new toys to play with then sell it. I'm not sure if you'll get the price you want with the way the economy is right now...that and GMC duces are the red headed step chile in the MV world, and with M35 based duces selling for next to nothing your price (though worth every penny) is IMHO going to be hard to get. I wish you luck either way.

D8dave

m215

I had a chance to buy 1 from Pierre Jalving 3 years ago it was on the MV calendar of 2002 july he wanted 5500 and i thought it was too much money becuse i had 2 m211 at the time and had a hard time getting 1600 for the pair and they both ran and 1 had a winch . No 1 wants gas autos in CNY new york can seem to give em away up here but i like dump trucks and the 215 is 1 i have never own wish i had 1 good luck if the price goes down mite want it theres 1 on david Uhrig site 8500 in WI looks like the sister to this 1 you got D8dave.:?:

M215

Hey D8dave,
I spoke to Pierre a couple years ago about his M215, he regrets selling it and thought he sold it for too little. The truck listed on David Uhrig's site is very nice, but it appears to be missing its tail gate and has the wrong fuel tank. The tail gate is unique, only common to the M215 and early M59 2.5 ton dumps, I was lucky to find a NOS tail gate for ours. The fuel tank was only found on the M215 and m221 tractor.
If I end up selling the truck, I'll regret it some day.
Karl

M215

M215 parts

monsterwhat kind of spare parts u got ??
Hello Monster,
- Extra motor / motor parts / tranny / trans parts / transfer case
- steering gear, drive shafts, brake shoes, brake parts, wheel cylinders.
- Bendix air paks, air pak rebuild kits
- Holley carbs (NOS), carb rebuild kits
- motor gasket kits
- body parts (doors, wind sheild frame, glass, bumpers,).
- Super rare hydraulic dump bed pump and control valve
- ignation parts.
- extra NOS wiring harnesses
- lots of unique misc. stuff like a set of three NOS rubber cab floor plugs that cover the master cylinder access hole and cab mount holes (when was the last time a set of those were available)?

Thanks for asking.

Last edited:

D8dave

Karl nice to talk to some one who knows their truck that well !! I have owned many MVs but only 2 m211 . Most people i talk to don't want them they are afraid of them because they are auto and gas and have duel wheel cly on them . i like the look of the M215 or 216 The last chance i had to buy one it was messed up some one put a 327 4sp in and it was ruff so i passed onit . Some day would like an 215 or 216 like yours but i guest i will have to be happy with my M59 and m51a2 for now . trying to get an M817 hope it works out! thank's for pointing out the mistakes on the other one for me . It's nice to know when thing are right and when their not . Your MV bro D8dave ;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks