• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M242 3 Ton Van Questions

Iyaayas184

The museum I work for (The Kansas Museum of Military History) has a M242 3 Ton 4 wheel van trailer we are going to convert into a barracks trailer. This van carried the radar for the M33C Fire Direction system (RADAR) for the Nike missile system. I am most interested in finding information about the following items on the trailer:
1. 24V Electrical
2. 110/220V Electrical
3. HVAC system
4. correct tire size
5. information on wheel bearings
6. information on brakes (I believe they are electric)

The large round hole where the radar once sat in the roof was skillfully replaced with wood and amazingly does not leak to any significant extent. This trailer looks like a regular 3 ton van trailer except is skinned in Magnesium and has a permanent dolly where the king pin would normally be installed on a tractor pulled trailer. Will post pictures when I get them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks