• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M246

AMGeneral

Good save M123(why are these trucks always missing the 5 th wheel?)looks like quite a project.I'm assumeing that's your 10 ton in the background of pic #3,great looking truck!

area52

Nice find there. Why is it that alot of these trucks in general have the side engine panels missing? The 246 I am looking at has both of em missing.

Does it run? What are your plans for it?

123mack

The side covers are in the cab. They were loose so i removed them prior to hauling. The engine will turn by hand, but I'm not going to try a start. There are dirt dauber nests in the carb intake,and the bolts that hold the exhaust pipe to the manifold are broken off.The cab though is in good shape probably because of the hard top. Just the usual rot around the door sills. Overall it is in better condition than the 10 ton was. The 10 ton took a little ove two years to restore.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why are all the cool trucks rusty when found? A rare bird, for sure, the -246, hope it looks just as good as your -123 when completed!

123mack

It was sitting in some weeds outside a welding about 5 miles from Alexander City, AL.Some markings are visible onthe doors. "U.S. Air Force For Official Use Only", and the registration number. On the passenger side photo you can see a white circle. On it is a picture of a minuteman and the words air national guard. Outside of this decal is the remains of an older one which reads "your civil defense". As far as paint goes sanding reveals in this order- bare metal, red primer ,yellow, olivr drab.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks