• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m274 needs timing

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
This is probably for the 2 cyl engine only, but it's the best I can do.

Motor Pool

There is a guy here who has a 4 cylinder Mule and is pretty knowledgable but he doesn't post much.

TKRESS1

Need help

Looking for tips on timing the 4cyl motor. We have it close but can not get it right. Let me know if anyone can help.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Austringer is probably the undisputed expert in the 4 cyl realm. Hopefully he'll chime in within a few days.

natem

If you have the correct TM study the photos, the text is misleading. Your best bet is to use a vacuum gauge. I don't know if a standard timing light will work with a magneto.

crorlo

Can it be done?

Can you install the magneto in a two cycle engine without taking the governor off to align the V marks, as long as the impulse coupling clicks between 18 and 28?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you install the magneto in a two cycle engine without taking the governor off to align the V marks, as long as the impulse coupling clicks between 18 and 28?
Did you mean two cylinder? Did you pull your mag, but not your governor and now you need to re-install it?

The answer would be yes, but you need the gear installed from the governor side(and to see the marks), so if your gear is installed, you simply have 2 choices to install the mag based on the pin drive holes.

The governor can be removed in about 3-4 minutes.

To do it correctly takes about 7-10 min.

TKRESS1

Got it

We got my 4 cyc engine running smooth. Just need a little clean-up and we will be ready to install. Thanks for all the help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks