• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M322 Locked Up Wheel

ARYankee

I've got an M322 that I bought a couple months ago. The brakes are caged but for some reason one of the wheels is still locked up. I've followed the TM on caging and now I'm attempting to remove the hub following the TM. It seems the brakes are locked up. Does anyone have any tips or tricks with dealing with an issue like this?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I've got an M322 that I bought a couple months ago. The brakes are caged but for some reason one of the wheels is still locked up. I've followed the TM on caging and now I'm attempting to remove the hub following the TM. It seems the brakes are locked up. Does anyone have any tips or tricks with dealing with an issue like this?

They are just rusted. Did you lube the S cam bushing at the outer edge of the axle?

They are outboard drums you can get em off without pulling the hub on that load king model
You can just bang on the drum or you can reach in the backside and cut the springs if the S cam is frozen up. Or.take a torch to that S cam bushing

Even being caged turn your slack adjusters counter clockwise a few turns

ARYankee

They are just rusted. Did you lube the S cam bushing at the outer edge of the axle?

They are outboard drums you can get em off without pulling the hub on that load king model
You can just bang on the drum or you can reach in the backside and cut the springs if the S cam is frozen up. Or.take a torch to that S cam bushing

Even being caged turn your slack adjusters counter clockwise a few turns
Yeah, I turned the slack adjuster as recommended in the TM so I can assume that the S cam is locked up.
I haven't lubed it.

ARYankee

I finally got the hub off. I'm going to clean this up and grease it. Hopefully I can get back working. I figure the S cam was locked up. The other 3 are working so I'll grease them per the TM. I did cut one of the small springs in hopes to get it off. I couldn't get to the others or I would've cut them too. View attachment 85965420220221_172010.jpg

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Just grease it then heat it and repeat till it frees up. Take the slack adjuster pins out so you can move the cam by hand

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks