• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 Cab Cover

dabtl

I just got one from TNJ Murray. Not the quality of the old covers it appears.

Anyone know where to find the older padded with loops version?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got mine from Addirondak Dodge about a year ago. Seems to be holding up nicely, made of smelly, heavy canvas with the ropes too.

dabtl

I will probably be putting on the canvas after a paint job.

But the new one from TNJ Murray, while it fits well, does not have the loops for the top bows to go through and tends to swell up during driving. I may past some vinyl material to the underside to prevent that. It would appear to be a major problem for long term use, but then who knows?

JDToumanian

Anyone know where to find the older padded with loops version?
Can someone post a pic of these loops? I wondered if my cab top blowing up like a parachute while I'm on the freeway was normal... I obviously have a newer version, but I will make some "loops" and sew them on. Are they made of pieces of canvas? Webbing?

nopics

Regards,
Jon

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Vinyl ones have the loops, I think? There is a PS mag art. or MWO for adding two more bows to prevent the sag thing. I haven't seen the PS art. but I have seen the result.It heps the top nice and tight, but, you move 1 bow and add 2 and there is no added reenforcing strip under the moved/added bows. I think if you did alot of driving, the top might suffer.