• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35 in the weeds

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
today i looked at a 50 something duece in the high weeds. also 2 trailers too. one is a m105 and the other that is missing the axle must be a jeep flat bed. getting together with the neighbors that tell me they have been abondoned for over 15 years. anyway is there a market for parts on that year truck. no winch but it doesnt look to bad, some rust but has all the tires with air in them, give me some thought, i at first just wanted the trailers but they might be free or very cheap Tim,

FrankUSMC

Make sure you talk to the "real" owners and not neighbors that want the trucks gone. I did that once on a WWII truck, drove back to the site with my car trailer to load the truck up and a guy walked up and asked what I was doing I told him I was waiting for the owner of the truck so I could pay him and load up. The guy told me that the guy I was waiting for was not the owner, and that the truck belonged to a lady who owned the land. He was very nice about it, but said the guy I was waiting on just wanted to make cash and was the local area drunk.
One of the few, Frank

houdel

The problem is your pics are most likely too large to post on the forum, the size limit for SS is 640x480 pixels. Most digital cameras take pictures thay are much larger than that. Go to http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4255, it will give you a link to download a Microsoft Powertool for WinXP known as "Resizer". It is a genuine Microsoft product and free to boot, and since it is from Microsoft it will not screw your operating system than any other Microsoft product (actually, I have had no problems at all with it).

Once you download and install resizer, it is a breeze to use. RIGHT click on the picture you want to resize, a menu box will open up with a bunch of options. Select "Resize Picture". Select the picture size you want (usually Small - 640x480). Resizer will create a copy of your original picture in the selected size - i.e., if your original picture was "MYPICTURE.JPG", you will now have TWO pictures - your original "MYPICTURE.JPG", plus a NEW picture named "MYPICTURE (Small).JPG". Use the (Small) picture for you postings here.

You will probably have to refresh your Windows Explorer screen as the new photo will be temporarily appended to the bottom of the Explorer window and you won't be able to see it unless you scroll down to the bottom of the Explorer pane. Once you refresh, or close and reopen Explorer it will appear in alphbetical order with your original photo.

BTW, I use resizer for any pictures I send as attachments to emails. The 640x480 size is perfect as an email attachment, it is the perfect size for a full screen photo without having to scroll up/down left/right to see the entire photo.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
sent some pics to ezfeed and he will post them for me. i tryed the download and it says my pics are the right size but still wont let me post them, dont know why. anyway i talked to the fellow that sent me in the woods to see the trucks and the two trailers and he says there is another truck farther off the road. you have to look close to see this truck. its only 5 feet off the road the trailers are a 105 and a small jeep flat bed with no axle. im going back this friday and look up the owner of the property in the city hall Tim

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I'm waiting on some pictures some pictures some pictures I'm waiting on some pictures some picturers from you.. Sorry I have four kids and nursery ryhmes are stuck in my head

carguy455

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus said:
I'm waiting on some pictures some pictures some pictures I'm waiting on some pictures some picturers from you.. Sorry I have four kids and nursery ryhmes are stuck in my head
4 kids ? Wow, you are on duty when your stateside too ! Big family AND in the service, hats off to you sir !!

And in going with the current theme , WE WANT PICS !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks