• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 insulator mounting for all M series headlights.

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Hey guys I needed some of these for my gasser M275 truck.
Tm says
P/n 7539560
Figure number 8 in picture.

There larger then the m35A2 headlight bucket rubber Vibration dampers

.. thes are 3/8 inch

20180304_193328.jpg20180304_193405.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MuleMac01

Got them thanks! there called General Purpose Vibration-Damping Sandwich Mounts with Studs

Last edited by a moderator:

MuleMac01

Check these out from John Deere M73249. We use them in the Early Deuce.
9376K48 and 9213K22 are also listed on the sassy G749 parts list at the top of this page https://www.steelsoldiers.com/forumdisplay.php?18-The-Early-Deuce

https://www.shopgreendealer.com/John-Deere-Isolator-M73249.html
Ty but it looks like 5/16 threads I just got my 3/8 ones in today. Going to put in a lathe tommrow and see if I can take a 1/2 inch off em. But I'm still looking. Because they might come apart.

Last edited:

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
....... I just got my 3/8 ones in today. Going to put in a lathe tommrow and see if I can take a 1/2 inch off em. But I'm still looking. Because they might come apart.
Instead of using a cutting tool, try to do it with an angle grinder, with a 40-grain flapper disc.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, so you found what you wanted. But instead of deleting your ad I saved the info by moving this here to the Deuce forum - after a little "polishing"...
That way other members may have less trouble finding these parts.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Even some of the a2 series have these old style headlight insulators. My 1966 m275a2 had them while my 1967 m35a2 had the newer style. I'll need to pick up a set of 12 insulators so if the ones you got from White Owl look good I'll probably give them a try. I haven't found an alternative yet although I haven't been looking too hard.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just went through my notes. McMaster-Carr sold a 9376K45 which was the 3/8 and the K16 was the 5/16. Unfortunately they are not on their website anymore...

MuleMac01

Even some of the a2 series have these old style headlight insulators. My 1966 m275a2 had them while my 1967 m35a2 had the newer style. I'll need to pick up a set of 12 insulators so if the ones you got from White Owl look good I'll probably give them a try. I haven't found an alternative yet although I haven't been looking too hard.

I'll post a picture of the new guys when they come.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks