• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 rear axle carrier assembly removal

jrhunter

I have a bobbed duece and thought I had a broken axle shaft. Both axles are good. Removed axle assembly and unbolted the carrier assemby per the TMs. Some previous owner had used RTV for gasket material. I chained up the carrier and tried to lift it off, but it is really stuck. Tapped the carrier with hammer, tried pry bar, but cannont seperate the carrier. I have not tried heat yet as most RTVs have a high temp rating. Any ideas? Thanks.

ToddJK

I remember the diff cover on my jeep was stuck on, it gave me hell getting it off. I used a medium to large regular screwdriver and a small sludge hammer, I wasn't asking anymore, lol. Some of those silicones are adhesives and can form a very good seal that's a real pita to break.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks