• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 winch broke

earlbeverly

Hi All,
I have a m-35 winch with no shift lever. The lever is missing and the rod is broke off inside the winch. Anyone have parts, manual, experience?
Thanks,
Earl

mangus580

Earl, I think the Deuce TM's cover the winch. Check the Technical Manual section. BTW, I am in the market for a handle too.... someone here on the forum had offered to see if he had one, but I cant remember who ;-)

Pappa-G

I know someone that has the full 9 yards minus the transmission PTO (I guess that would be 8 yards) from the frame extensions to the PTO shaft , winch, winch drive shaft and control lever. And he may be willing to sell. I'll try and get a price if anyone is interested.

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw a winch on ebay that would have the parts you need, or just put it on your truck. I think auction ends around 9/25

Armada

I've got a spare winch handle you can have for the cost of shipping it. I don't think it has the detent ball and spring though.

SixBuy

Earl, TM9-2320-361-34 Chapter 16 has exploded views and instructions of the front winch. If you don't have that one and it's not in the TM reference section let me know and I'll e-mail chap 16 to you. I've got a broken (cannibalized) winch on mine and another I bought to combine the best of both. After this Hurricane settles downs that project is next. I feel sure there'll be an extra handle and shaft. You can buy another winch for about $250 from a fellow over in Gatesville. I've got a feeling we're going to need working winches in a few days!

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Harvey owns the surplus store on the side of the road that borders the MATES site at West Fort Hood. (I dont remember the #) Hale owns a place on the outskirts of town that has all sorts of stuff. I'll have to look at a map and find out the name of the road. It's been a while since I have been there...

SixBuy

Gonna have to get a map myself and look up Harvey. I can't visualize it. Tony is on FM 215 about 5mi N. of Gatesville. What is MATES?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
MATES is the TXNG "parking lots" of vehicles our on North Fort Hood. Harvey's place is inbetween that and Gatesville's center of town. Hard to miss with all the surplus sitting outside.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks