• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M353 Questions

mnkupshaw

New member here. Just bought a 1988 M353 and am new to the forum. This trailer is much bigger than expected. Planning on making a flatbed firewood trailer out of it for taking in the woods behind the tractor. It's got the 6 lug tractor trailer tires on it, are there smaller tires/wheels available that will fit this bolt pattern. The bolt pattern is 6 X 8.75. Another question I have is about one of the front retractable support/landing gear. One moves and operates freely and properly. On the other one, the handwheel will only make about 1/2 - 3/4 of a turn before it bottoms out in its opening and will not turn anymore. I can rotate the tire mounting yoke but it is very difficult, however, when I turn it, it is not moving up and down. Any ideas of where this may be froze up or stuck would be greatly appreciated.

mnkupshaw

That trailer is a really heavy trailer on the tongue, so I hope you have a large enough truck or tractor to pull it loaded with. Have you gotten your handwheel freeded up?
The trailer pulled fine behind my Toyota Tundra and I have a Ford 3910 to use it with in the woods. I haven't gotten the stem of the wheel yoke or hand wheel freed up yet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks