• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A series brake shoes

witchdx

i just came across a brake pad/shoe company , Porterfield Brakes in Los Angeles that specializes in high performance and racing pads, i've ordered some for my cars, they said they can make shoes/pads for just about anything, so i asked about the m35A2 , they had already made some up for somebody, they quoted at $149.00 an axle. seems high but they are a high end pad with great stopping power that can take the heat, they have multiple choices of compounds available . . has anybody tried these before, do you think it would make any difference in our trucks?

Computerdoc08

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i just came across a brake pad/shoe company , Porterfield Brakes in Los Angeles that specializes in high performance and racing pads, i've ordered some for my cars, they said they can make shoes/pads for just about anything, so i asked about the m35A2 , they had already made some up for somebody, they quoted at $149.00 an axle. seems high but they are a high end pad with great stopping power that can take the heat, they have multiple choices of compounds available . . has anybody tried these before, do you think it would make any difference in our trucks?
I have heard of Porterfield in the past and would be interested in trying them on my deuce. It seems new sets of shoes are running between $50 and $90 per set so $149 per axle would be a fair price for a good set of shoes. Did they give you a part # ?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
It would be really interesting to see what the other folks have to say. The only drawback is that if you didn't have a set of old shoes - you would have to remove what you have - then clean and box, ship and wait for the return parts. That might get expensive from 3000 miles away.

And is that per axle meaning left set and right set?

---

Long years ago back when the dinosaurs roamed the earth and we walked through feet of snow, up hill (both ways) to and from school - we had a "shoeing machine". That was the company with all the MV trucks where I worked. I seem to remember it was just a nasty looking room and it required filtered air in and out and masks were required. Everything covered in gray dust. That didn't last long.

Guessing the cost savings for us wasn't worth having that exposure when we could buy the finished product.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks