• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a1 Brake Work

Jeeagle

Hope this is right place to ask, have some friends at a museum in Rome with a M35a1 needs some brake work. I would wager all 6 wheel cylinders and possibly master cylinder as some one put DOT3 in it. I also suspect no one has oil the air pack as well. Wondering if anyone around the Rome GA area knows a place or someone able to do the work. I can place them in contact with them.

I live hour half away and do not have the heavy tools ( also never done them before) to complete job so I declined to do it.

Thanks guys!

Crazyguyla

From what I understand, DOT3 was used until the 70-80's. If it was never converted to DOT5, it should be ok. Are the wheel cylinders leaking? I'm doing a similar rebuild on my brakes and replacing all six wheel cylinders. I'd love to help with their issue, but it's a long drive from Florida.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
If they can get it to me, I can manage it. I'm actually friends with the guy on Facebook.

Jeeagle

If they can get it to me, I can manage it. I'm actually friends with the guy on Facebook.
I doubt it they can as most of it is about doing it as cheap as possible. I just can not do the work on location outside with me living in Chattanooga. Regardless, shoot them a message see what they say!