• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a1 questions, super new to these.

motherfreedom

Hello everyone. Today at my local auction I had the opportunity to bid on and eventually win what appears to me to be a shortened m35a1 for $1900.00 in "running" condition. I was under the impression that most of these were diesel powered but was shocked/ thrown off when I looked and saw a reo gold comet gas powered straight 6. With a little bit of help from my truck and some cables I was able to get it turning over and fire on starting fluid. And it ran surprisingly excellent, way smoother then i had even thought it would considering its age. I guess what I'm looking for is information on this engine, most importantly how hard is this going to be for me to take on. It was last registered in 2017 - and the junk batteries are from 2020, so at some point in the more recent past someone loved it. I'm looking for any information anyone is willing to give as this is by far the oldest and most unique vehicle I have purchased, and im hoping it is one of my better impulse purchases. I do really hope parts still exist because I would love to maybe not daily it, but weekly it, and ultimately build a tiny house on the back of it if they're reliable enough. I'm mechanically inclined and think I (with the help from here) can manage most of what will come, my biggest concern is parts availability, specifically the current carb makes me nervous and i cant find anything on what carb it even is. I am finding some information about the engine online but not much, and so far almost no parts and that makes me nervous. Any help would be awesome. Thank you.

motherfreedom

Welcome. Parts for the OA331 are available, try Memphis Equipment, White Owl Parts. Everything else on the truck is more or less the same as M35A2. The Holley 885-FFG carb is a breeze to rebuild.
Thank you for the quick reply, I will look into the sources you listed!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks