• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A1 with detriot's ???

1-tonmudder

I am buying two M35a1 front's and have been told some (rarely)came with Detriot's in them.Is there anyway to tell if they have one short of tearing it down???

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: M35A1 with detriot

I would think by jacking up one wheel and trying to turn it would work. If it has a detroit, it wont turn easily if at all or it will make clicking noises . If it doesnt have one it should turn easily assuming the front driveshaft is not hooked up or engaged.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon

I don't know that I have ever seen a front that "came with a detroit"... but since the chunks are interchangeable I don't see why it couldn't have been swapped in.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

it would have to have been added at a unit level or after it left the military. The only deuces that got Detroits were the pipeline trucks and not all of them had Detroits. The ones that did have Detroits had them in the rear 2 axles only.

houdel

Pardon my ignorance, but are the Detroit lockers "limited slip"? I had thought they were, but saw some contradictory information on a 4x4 "mudder" site.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks