• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 and trailer All but finished

JOECOOL48

Folks are asking me how I'm coming along on fixing up my Deuce and a half. I am just about finished with the body work and some engine cleaning. I am in the process of chasing air leaks. If you would like to see more follow this link

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iViMj9Xj5k&list=UUDQXewiHb8Ye9lxG7W-2cEw&index=1&feature=plcp[/media]
I want to think Buddy Miller, Dale Frost, Dell Emerson, Randy Ray, Jeremy Rainey, and Eddie Tucker for their technical help and helping me find parts. If any one finds some cheap deuce parts or accessories like pioneer tool sets, cargo covers and the likes, please let me know.

Joe Cumbee
If anyone knows any history of this truck please feel free to send information.

Restoration of a 1971 M35A2 2 and 1/2 ton truck. Last known unit of assignment was Headquarters 148th Support BN 48th Infantry Bde. I started working on it in late May 2012 and mostly finished on October 31, 2012. The Bumper number was HQ 800 148th. Bumper number was renamed to Honor A company 1/121st IN 48th Bde. This is the Georgia Army National Guard unit in Fitzgerald, Georgia, of which I was a member. The Fitzgerald unit was also at one time B(-) 2/121st IN. In order not to disappoint my 2nd Bn friends I also have another set of interchangeable 2nd BN numbers. Thanks to all those who helped me through this projec

3dAngus

Looking good Joe!

Also a great choice of music to rock on while I'm enjoying the transistion of your truck and trailer from average to superb.

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I love the truck and trailer, they're gorgeous, but I LOVE the time lapse photography.

Outstanding!

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I love it! I really like the timelapse too, what did you use to get them?

And I forgot to ask, what paint did you use?

Last edited:

JOECOOL48

I love it! I really like the timelapse too, what did you use to get them?

And I forgot to ask, what paint did you use?

I used an eary model of Time Lapse Camera: The Wingscapes TimelapseCam 8.0 of this camera that I bought several years ago to photograph plant growth, but never got around to using it. I think it cost about $75 dollars' I set it at one hour intervals and set it to go off at night and back on in the A.M.. The paint is GCI 23070 from Rapcoparts.
thanks
joe

JOECOOL48

Phenomenal restoration! Definitely a project you can be proud of.

Curious, any idea of how many hours you put into doing the restoration?
I now wish that I was one of those folks that kept good records, but I am not. I am going back and try to guesstimate. I pretty much worked on it the same amount of time each day except Sundays. I will let you know when I have a rough estimate. There were a lot of hours of stripping paint and rust. I wanted to get it sand blasted, but it would have cost more than I paid for the truck. I used a stripping pad on a grinder (they worked very well) just time consuming. It helped that I am retired. Thanks for your nice comments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks