• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 boost and pryo gauges

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For the boost gauge, there's a plug in the intake manifold you can tap into.

For the pyro, you need to drill the exhaust manifold right where it goes into the turbo. Most people say drill it in the back half but I honestly don't think it makes a difference. Drill the manifold with the truck running and it will blow all the shavings out when you break through instead of them falling down into your manifold and turbo.

warhorse79

I hooked up the boost gauge to the tapped port on top of the intake, is that correct? I notice the truck doesn't make any boost in neutral. At what point should the truck make boost?

61sleepercab

Think of the turbo as waterwheel powered by the exhaust connected to a fan blowing into the intake. At idle ,little exhaust flow so low boost. When pulling a load is when the boost helps by more air into cylinders for fuel combustion when you really need it.

steelandcanvas

Put a little grease or cutting wax on the drill bit and tap to help keep the chips in check. If you do a search, you'll find some photos of the correct hole location.

You can magnetize the drill and tap. The chips attract right to it.
Drill slowly and clean the chips a few times during the process.
While you're there, drill both manifolds. You can add a second thermocouple in the future.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks