• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Cab reinforcing panel for M66 ring mount

readyman

I finally found a TM with a picture of the cab reinforcing panel for M66 installations.

Is there someone with this panel installed on the inside back wall of the cab that could tell me the sheet metal thickness? The TM shows a pop rivet installation so I'm guessing it's on the thin side.

Dieselsmoke

It's 3/16" on my m35. They aren't just any cheap pop rivets, I had to buy an air riveter as these suckers are the toughest rivets I've ever seen.

ida34

I know I promised pictures today but my daughter was in a basketball tournament all day. I will get some posted tommarow. She won all games and those pictures took priority.

Chuck

Dieselsmoke

There is also another modification for the cab that replaces or modifies the cab mount at the back of the cab by the parking brake drum. I've seen it up close on one truck but of course did not have the camera with me aua I'd like to find some good pics of that mount as well. Yes you can definitely feel the flex in the cab before adding the reinforcement plate, especially with a .50 mounted up there.
Anyone have the canvas brass deflector or backrest pad for the mount available? I have a rotten back pad, if there's enough interest I'll see if Pizzoferrato will reproduce them and give him this one for a pattern.

ida34

Here they are. They run the full length of the back of the cab from Rear door post to rear door post.

A few different panels and alot of pop rivits mixed with some stitch welds. The first pic is of the ubolts they cut instead of unbolting. Incidently, there are holes in the reinforcement panels that are used to access the nuts on the ubolts. They must have been in a hurry. I am going to take them off and weld them back together.

Attachments

readyman

ida34,
Thanks a million for the detailed pic's! :D
Now if I can't find a reinforcing kit, I'll at least be able to fab one up for myself.

Dieselsmoke,
I'm 'in' for the backrest pad and catcher, I have neither, if you can find a pattern and get some made.
Is the rear mount mod like the 2nd last ida34 pic? Is that an extra piece of sheet metal to capture the crossbrace?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks