• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 engine problem

91W350

I am betting a plugged primary fuel filter with a leaking gasket there. Not sure about the noise though, mine makes lots of noises. You would think the whole nose was falling apart at idle, but sweet harmony is the rule by 1000 rpm. Glen

oddshot

Deuce engines are strong, bleed your high pressure lines at the injectors. Do each one while engine is running.
A BIG plus one.

Its a good sign that engine is giving you 50 PSI oil pressure. That would indicate that the low end is OK.

Giving full credit to your gas engine experience ... I think your instincts are correct when you think you got ONE cylinder on the bum.

The sequence of events would indicate that you may have air bound ONE injector ... or you have CLOGGED one injector.

You might want to give this thread a look:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/7239-cleaning-injectors.html

Good luck.

Please let us know what you find.

oddshot

Last edited:

oddshot

Have you had any luck with this one?

Did you find the cause of the problem ... or repaired it yet?

Please let us know what the repair was.

oddshot

roadwarrior

I have decided to wait until the next round of GL auctions (next week), to see if I can snag one of them. If I don't find one , I will try to deal on the one with the engine issue. Thanks for all the advice.

91W350

Oh... If I was off, I would just cruise down and go with you. Then we could tow her home if she broke. I love those recoveries, solving the on road problems to get home. Keep us posted!

roadwarrior

:x UPDATE #2. I made it a whole 7 miles before a piston came thru the block! Made the rest of the trip on the back of a wrecker, oh well. Needless to say, I am in the market for a replacement engine.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
:x UPDATE #2. I made it a whole 7 miles before a piston came thru the block! Made the rest of the trip on the back of a wrecker, oh well. Needless to say, I am in the market for a replacement engine.
Wow, sucks. Glad to hear you're alright. Any pics of the break? I'm curious as to what exactly happened.

roadwarrior

It blew out a grapefruit size hole right under the turbocharger. I picked up a piece of piston off the road when I pulled over. Believe it or not, it will still start! I will try to figuire out how to post pics later. I've already started the search for another powerplant, hope to find one affordable close to me.

91W350

Yeeeouch! I guess my old deuce would have come in handy.... Sorry to hear about the engine failure. What kind of rpm were you running? I would bet a rod bolt let go and the exiting rod took everything else with it.

roadwarrior

Actually I was on a shallow downgrade, holding at 1600 rpm's when it went. I guess she was sicker than I thought! I posted a new thread about it blowing up, and added pictures.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks