• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 fuel pump question.

Peterbilt8404

Does anyone know of a trick to get these apart. The first picture is the power plug going into the fuel pump. I tried to take it off on this one and one that is a lot cleaner. The second picture is the bottom of the pump and its full of junk in the inside of it. I figured I'll ask the experts before I screw anything up to badly. I looked through the manual's that I have but couldn't find anything on this particular problem.

20140624_083820.jpg20140713_164653.jpg

Thank You
Matthew Peterman

KaiserM109

I take it that you are doing this because the pump quit?

Mine was DOA when I got my M109, but it would run on the injector boost pump, at least until I got air in the lines by running it out of fuel. I tore mine apart and found that the motor was shot. The first problem is that it is welded shut and even if I did turn the armature down and replace the brushes, how would I close it up again?

Next I tried a cheap ($75) inline suck-n-blow pump and it couldn't provide enough fuel; waisted $75. I finally just bit the bullet and went to Olympic and bought a brand new replacement, $250. You will have to clean up the bottom part if you do that 'cause that only included the electric part.

Good luck,

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have taken many of the power cords off fuel pumps.

It is hard to tell which way they are attached sometimes, and even then, there is often rust that will destroy one of the parts!

The first one I ever did was just "center punched" in 3 spots. Some carefull prying and it came apart.
The second one was "rust bonded" neither the pump nor cord survived.
Many more have just been soldered. Hit it with a blue tip torch, while the pump is hanging from the power cord and eventually, the pump will fall off.

I've had others where I had to peel the ring on the pump, thats around the cord, off. It destroyed the pump, but saved the cord.

You can purchase new cords from Olympic for about $35 if you need a new one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks