• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 goes "clunk clunk clunk" in Reverse

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trunnions refer to the center pivot point between the rear axles.

Dogbones are part of the rear axle suspension components. The ends of them have rubber that is known to fail over time. If one were to fail completely, it will allow the axle to move forward or rearward uncontrolled.

G-Longo

Curious if there’s any update on the clunk clunk clunk, my truck is doing the same after putting in reverse and going backwards a few feet to hear a clunk and feel the truck stop a bit like there’s something physically holding it back until it clunks again and is allowed to reverse again. I’ve gotten some feedback for what to start looking at but just want to know what this scenario played out to be

Dasgog

Curious if there’s any update on the clunk clunk clunk, my truck is doing the same after putting in reverse and going backwards a few feet to hear a clunk and feel the truck stop a bit like there’s something physically holding it back until it clunks again and is allowed to reverse again. I’ve gotten some feedback for what to start looking at but just want to know what this scenario played out to be
Well for me it turned out that I had over greased the emergency brake fittings and as I drove the grease got between the brake pad and the drum and after driving it gets hot and sticks. Usually next morning it’ll go reverse. I had to take it all apart and clean with brake cleaner etc and was fine. For me it was just grease getting into the emergency brake.

G-Longo

Well for me it turned out that I had over greased the emergency brake fittings and as I drove the grease got between the brake pad and the drum and after driving it gets hot and sticks. Usually next morning it’ll go reverse. I had to take it all apart and clean with brake cleaner etc and was fine. For me it was just grease getting into the emergency brake.
Awesome!! Good stuff!! Thank you sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks