• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 or M813?

GaBen07

m25a2 or m813? don't know what to get.... i want something i can drive around town, play in the mud, and take to shows. any ideas?

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: M32a2 or m813?

I like the M35, but I would like to play around with a M813 sometimes. M35 gets better MPG. M800s have power steering.

acetomatoco

RE: M32a2 or m813?

Unless you have a lot of big truck experience, I would start with the Deuce..parts are cheaper and it is a lot easier to learn on... ACE

motorolanut

VS

Well Said Ace,The power steering is nice, but I really miss that Turbo Whistler!!!! I think I would really consider a M52 style the father of the M813. :p
Duece parts are cheaper. And with the M813 you better have heavy duty Air Tools as well. And you come dangerously close to CDL level with the M813 :)

GaBen07

RE: VS

i understand where ur comming from.... moneys.... not the prolbem and i have heavy duty air tool (worked for John Deer tractor) but its somthing about having those big 52" super singles on it that makes me want a m813

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are usually more expensive, but you get so much more truck for the money with an M813. The M35A2 is a great truck...I've owned many of them...but they are really fairly small and drive like it (heck, a school bus has a higher GVW!). However, I am not sure I'd want an M813 for my first military truck like ACE says. While I agree I like the turbo whistle of a deuce, the M813 has a very throaty roar and has way more guts than any multifuel...deuce or 5 ton. Nothing against the multis, though...

GaBen07

i think im going to go with a m813... just for the size. I know its a big truck and cost are high. Just seeing one done with super singles is going to be worht it for me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks