• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 popping out of 1st gear

dainwei

I apologise in advance if there is already a post on this I tried to search for it.

I am a new deuce owner.

My M35A2 keeps popping out of 1st gear everytime. Any ideas?

I will continue into the TM but was hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction.

Thank you in advance.

Menaces Nemesis

"Little Black Truck" Conservator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Really the only thing you can check on the outside of the trans is that nothing is pushing the 1/R shift shaft and residual linkage on the top/back of the trans away from the trans case (doubtful unless you installed some kind of backup alarm/lights using that aparatus). I believe you'll need to pull the top plate off and see what's going on. Maybe something with the 1/R shift shaft ball/spring detent is loose/gone, or 1/R shift fork is loose or broken (kinda doubt it), or maybe you've got some broken teeth on the main and/or sub 1st gears... TM 9-2320-209-34-2-1 Chapter 8.

Stykz

Ive also had the same issue maneuvering at low speed, when rocking the truck back and forth to steer in a tight space. Turns out it was the old sprag transfer case binding up and it would kick me outta gear so damn hard. I ended up pulling the front driveline and stopped having issues.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks