• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 project

jasonjc

Used the pressure pot blaster this morning to blast one of my fenders. Got this much done on one tank full of sand. It was starting to get hot out and my compressor was getting hot to. Keeping up with the blaster and the air for the helmet puts a big load on my air compressor.

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I see that your fender also has the "precision cut" hole for the exhaust. Mine looks like a drunk person torched it out, with eyes closed.
I have always wondered How/Why those holes always look like that.
Our government was so poor back then that we couldn't buy a few hole saws maybe?

That blaster looks pretty neat. The helmet in particular!!

I happened to need a piece of glass "frosted" for an old light-table at work the other day. Went to the local "monument shop" down the road. His blaster is HUGE and really amazing. Took him less than a minute to frost that piece of quarter inch glass...

I think the magic is the building that he works in. I was just standing watching (while I was wearing a full face "guest" mask). His concrete floor, monster filtered exhaust, reusable blasting media... All the things we should have if we wanted to clean up a big green truck :cool:

Your fender is definitely sharp looking without all the factory paint!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The front round part of the transmission cover had a missing nut out of the nut plate and a small crack. So will replace the nut plate and weld up the crack before painting it.
Wow!! I love those little clamps. They are definitely the "right tool for the job" to attach that nut plate. Really nice tools!
Those fender patches aren't pretty, but at least they are dressing and not structural...

jasonjc

Wow!! I love those little clamps. They are definitely the "right tool for the job" to attach that nut plate. Really nice tools!
Those fender patches aren't pretty, but at least they are dressing and not structural...

The clamps are cleco's they are great for sheet metal work. They also make something like rivets that you put in and take out. Great for set up and mock up work. Amazon.com : cleco fasteners

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks