• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Transmission rebuild/replacement?

rmgill

So I have lost 2 teeth on my 5th gear of my transmission. I need to probably swap it out as the truck is sitting at a friend's place in Northern Virginia and I'm in Georgia. It'll be hard to drive back and forth to do the work then order parts and then do that again.

Anyone know of a resonable source for transmissions and where I should try?

From this area, I guess my options are:
Eastern Surplus in Philly
Colemans and Saturn near Harrisburg, PA
Clark trucks over in WV.

jwaller

I have a good one I was going to install in my deuce so I can return the loaner but if you need it I could sell it to you.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Call John Winslow in Halifax, NC (252-883-2509). He's got transmissions and he is right off of I95 near the VA/NC border.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
if you want to fix yours, i have all the parts and they are cheap, also i am very close. if you brought the trans to me, a rebuild only takes a few hours..............

rmgill

Thanks Tom, I'm probably going to be constrained for time and, frankly, I don't mind the idea of having a second transmission laying around as a spare once I get the good one swapped in and then take the time to rebuild the dodgy one.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Tom, I have a tranny out back that the counter gear to 5th is missing teeth. Have anything like that I can use?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I will be pulling a tranny this weekend out of a donor truck.
I am in NE AL so you are not too far away for pickup.
200 bucks gets you the tranny and you can see if there is anything else you need.
I have a buttload of deuce parts to include two engines, TF case, axles, ETC.
PM me for details and phone number.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
depending on how north in VA the truck is - you may try M35Tom - his is in the Baltimore area, and I think he mentioned having some transmissions - or parts.

Regards,
David

TiredIron

I have a Buddy that needs a good complete tranny out in Colorado just north of Denver. Does anyone know of any close option out there...??? 303-912-2170
Thanks
TiredIron

rayraybigmfr

I have a trans, I dont know if it is any good, I came as a spare to an m35 I baught, who ever has the best offer, its yours, I dont know what they are worth im in south new jersey

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks