• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Turbo Swap

bebyb

Hello! I am getting ready to swap turbos on my M35A2. How many of you guys on here have done this swap, and have you run into any problems? Thanks!

Katavic918

The only problem you'll have is rusted flange bolts. I suggest soaking with penetrating oil over night before starting. Other than that it's inlet, outlet, oil tube and 4 bolts. And like Tabor says, it's a great time to tap threads for a pyrometer. Even if you don't install one now you can keep it plugged for future use. Also pull your air filter housing, bottom cover, for access.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Second the flange bolts issue. If they have been on there long enough, you may even have to "blue wrench" them off. Maybe source replacement bolts before you start the job to avoid down time, I also recommend using copper nuts, for that exact reason.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks