• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Unit Markings on Bumper

pad_cdr

Anyone have any ideas what unit my M35 belonged to? thanks
Guessing 4th Infantry Division. The F would denote Field Artillery. the order this is in, would indicate 9th bn, 1st Field Artillery brigade, however a google search can't find that unit ever existed. The 1st bn 9th FA is part if the 3rd ID.

CML typically means a Chemical company, but I don't know if the army has had any of those since WWII.

Maybe someone else can provide more details or even some facts instead of my guesses.

Did it come from Colorado?

Last edited:

steelandcanvas

Strange numbers. The F is usually between the Batallion and Field Arty number, and the Division number comes first, for example:

8 3F16 8th Division, 3rd Batallion, 16th Field Artillery (my unit in Germany)

41-9-1F? CML 45? I'm at a loss. I do agree with pad_cdr CML is an acronym for chemical.

Navyt28c

It had some paperwork under the drivers seat about chemicals, haz materials, still had shipping stickers from Kuwait to Ft. Hood and a strange looking ladder welded to the bed above the spare to enter the comm shack that they didn't let go with it.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
the 4ID's 9-1 FA was reflagged as the 2-20 FA(MLRS) in the 1997/8ish timeframe..

Post up some pics of the paperwork, especially the shippig paperwork.

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Anyone have any ideas what unit my M35 belonged to? thanks
Overall I think something is amiss on this.

4th Infantry Division, 9th Battaliont, 1st Field Artillery Regiment
CML is the abbreviation for Chemical which doesn't make sense.

The 41st Infantry also doesn't work as there was no 9-1 Field Artillery.

Posting the vin tothe vin info thread could help

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
the 4ID's 9-1 FA was reflagged as the 2-20 FA(MLRS) in the 1997/8ish timeframe..

Post up some pics of the paperwork, especially the shippig paperwork.
Yep, I saw that also but I couldn't tell if they went under the 4th before or after the reflagging. Concur the shipping documents would help.

Navyt28c

info from paperwork found under seat

Yep, I saw that also but I couldn't tell if they went under the 4th before or after the reflagging. Concur the shipping documents would help.
This is the info from paperwork i found, DD FORM 2026-CML-045, Operating Activity-DODAAD, 31 Chemical Company, Ft. Hood, Tx. 76544, s/n 0640-4288, hull no.LD-465-1.
DD FORM 461-5, Model M35A2C,s/n 0640-11288, registration number NKO76M, mileage 24160, NSN 2320-00-926-0873, LIN # X40077, Name of inspector SSG. Nathan G. Allen, D Co. 704 TH MSB, IAW TB 43-0002-81, 4TH. MMC, LOGNOTT95, AR 125 50
the rest is unreadable because of the condition of the paperwork, hope this means something to you guys.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks