• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3, another opinion.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went by the local guard unit this morning on the way home from work. There was an M35A3 sitting by the fence. For all the folks who have been looking for those wheels, I would suggest you go by your guard to see if you can have a looksee yourself. Those wheels are purt near as ugly as the trucks themselves. I'm telling y'all, those things are funny looking.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why, yes, it is. It was just re-enforced this morning when I had another look. Wick, you got me figured!

Wick246

I don't care for the hood, the auto transmission or the CTIS which doesn't sound like it has ever been reliable on a fleet wide basis. But the big downer is the price - thousands more and for all that money the truck doesn't do anything more than the A2 and it's ugly to boot.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup, well put. In a sense, like the HMMWV. Don't get me wrong, i'd love to have one but the amount of money to get one would get me 5 to7 deuces.

micky

I have checked out 2 of them up close. I think they are way too cool! Other than the exspense of procurement, scarce spares and the poor performance of the CTIS I would love to have one. Of coarse I would have to have a complete A3 for parts. I am looking for the wheels and one of the Isringhausen seats. I would really like an Allison but the whole deal is completely unreasonable as far as price so I am going to forget about it!

DrFoster

I like the single wheels, muffler, and the almost 5-ton intake, but that's it. Those CTIS hubs make it look corny. I guess it has always been function over form for these trucks...

Now the new 8 Tons are COOL! I think oshkosh makes them. We had 6 in the artilllery battery I left in 1999.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Those things are ugly. And I don't like automatics.

red devils dude

DrFoster said:
I like the single wheels, muffler, and the almost 5-ton intake, but that's it. Those CTIS hubs make it look corny. I guess it has always been function over form for these trucks...

Now the new 8 Tons are COOL! I think oshkosh makes them. We had 6 in the artilllery battery I left in 1999.
the MTVR? it's 7ton off road 15ton on-highway with a independent suspension
sound right?

Attachments

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I looking through auctions on GL and saw remnants of a burned out OSH KOSH pictured above. It looks repairable (frame and suspension). Only draw back its one of those auctions for 200K LBS of metal. I want to say it was out of 29 palms, Ca.

TONYBALONY

DONT KNOW HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT EM , BUT I QUITE FANCY ONE O THEM THERE M900 SIERRES, BUT IN U K QUTE NON EXCISTANT , DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT THE OSHKOS , BUT THE TANKTRASPORTER AINT GOT A GOOD REP OVER HERE , BREAKDON PROBLEMS , SEE EM AT SIDE OF ROAD QUITE OFTEN , AND OUR R.E.M.E. ( MECHANICS ) CANT WORK ON EM , I THINK THIS APPLYS TO EARLY ENGINE MODELS . IF THE 6X6 HAS SAME ENGINE .... AS A MATTER OF INTERST IS THE M35 A3 CUMMINS ENGINED , ....... I LIKE REOS ON SUPER SINGLES , THEY LOOK QUITE COOL

Wick246

I think the M900 series and the Oshkosh 7 tons above are very cool trucks. Like everything though it's all in the eye of the beholder. Here I am saving and scraping my heart out to afford a 30 + year old MV and the bosses son brings in his new 06 Dodge Cummins 3500 with over 300 h.p. and I think approaching 700 ft. lbs. of torque now. He also has an '03 (I think) lifted extend cab desiel 3/4 ton Chev with leather seats and all the options and his wife drives a couple year old Jeep SUV. Some days just are not fair!

TONYBALONY

YEH BUT SURELEY THE TRUCKS ARE CHEEPER YOUR SIDE OF THE POND , I KNOW WHAT YA MEAN THOUGH I HAD A DREAM .... FOR ABOUT 10-15YRS YO GET MY BESS, N NOW I GOT HER I AINT GONNA SELL HER FOR ALL THE CASH IN THE WORLD!!!!! ( GOT A GOOD DEAL , WIFE LEAVES I GET REO , PERFECT!!!) ( NO OFFENCE TO ALL THOSE LADYS OUT THERE , BUT MINE WAS A PAIN IN THE ...........

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks